Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Almost done backfilling

Another update?! YES another update.
I was early off work today and after diner I was a bit bored. And actually also excited to see what was going on with the house. So I went to Cochrane again. Yeah I know. Some people will think that I am over exaggerating with doing so much visits, BUT I really wished that Sarah was here so she too could feel how exciting this all is.
The backfilling is almost done. One wall left to do. They filled the space under the garage with dirt and gravel again. This will serve as a base for the concrete slab that eventually will be our driveway and garage floor. Also I posted a view that was made on eye level on what will be the first floor. The floor itself will be 30 cm or so higher then where I was but you get the picture. The house sits high above the ground so our view will be marvelous.
Also on our - would be - driveway, the wooden I-beams were ready to be installed. These will support the main floor and the first floor.
A bit down the hill, in the middle of the community, Jayman is building a similar house like ours. They are one step in front of us. You can see the house on the first panorama. It's the one with the excavator next to (it's on the left side of the picture). They started framing that house so ours isn't that far behind.
Also this Monday, I will sit down with the building manager Tim. Tim will explain the whole building process in detail. But sometimes even I think I could build this house myself. It's like playing with Lego. Everything is numbered... Could it be that difficult? ;)

View from what will be the rear right corner of the main floor. Our deck will be about 10 meters to the left. So we will look over our neighbours garden and that green space in between those fences.


Overlooking the basement floor.

Our driveway in progress.



Yes everything is numbered and ready to go.


Another view of the basement.

The rear of the house. This will be our little garden. This shot is taken from approximately the right rear corner of our lot.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wat gaat dat daar allemaal vlug zeg iedere week zie je vorderingen en ja dat is allemaal spannend hé spijtig dat Saartje dat niet kan meemaken mar ze zal wel verwonderd zijn als ze thuis komt
groetjes
ann