Thursday, July 23, 2009

A blanket of smoke

When I got out of the apartment this morning I noticed that the sun wasn't out. The first thing that went through my mind was 'Hey wasn't it supposed to be sunny today?'. When I looked at the sun I noticed she was behind a thick cloud. But then I noticed the colour of the cloud was reddish gray. I immediately made the connection with those wild fires in Kelowna, BC. I wasn't completely sure because these clouds were in the east and Kelowna is over the Rockies in the West.
I spent most of my morning – in between jobs at work of course – searching for a satellite picture that could confirm my suspicions. Turned out I was right!
The clouds have diminished now but the sun isn't at full strength yet. I think we will have a spectacular sunset tonight. I better go out tonight and find a good spot!


X marks the spot were Calgary is located.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Amazing how far it spreads...

If green is smoke and white are clouds, what is the gooey whitish green stuff over Vancouver? :)

Oli4 said...

Those are big piles of squid about to invade Vancouver (I think, pretty sure)

Unknown said...

Mmmmmmm Squid... I'll get the Tzatziki! :)