Saturday, July 18, 2009

O my F'ing GOD!

When I go to see the house, I always drive by the house first before I enter the show home to tell the sales people I'm going to take a look. When I rounded the corner this time I was SHOCKED! I was prepared to see some progress. I thought that the garage and the main floor would be framed or something. But what I saw – after only 5 days of active framing – blew me away. The house is almost completely up! It is crazy!!!
So when I entered the show home I was in a bit of a daze. I still couldn't believe what I just saw. Courtney (the sales girl) said that framing should be done by Tuesday. BY TUESDAY?! Are these guys insane?!
So Courtney showed me around the house and we went inside too. The space is unbelievable. Big is an understatement. I am sooooo happy. The kitchen is huge, the master bedroom has the best view ever. The deck will be amazing (I can't wait to spend an evening on that deck with Sarah, enjoying a cool beer and a nice sunset). We will be enjoying this place so much. The garage is insane, the pantry is, well euhm, big. I'm running out of words to describe my excitement.
The windows and outer doors are sitting in the garage and ready to be installed next week.
Then Courtney took me to see the house that's one step ahead of us. That house was fully framed. The inside was done too. And you really got a sense for the grandness of the design. Walking through that house was, euhm enlightening I guess. Feeling the house in staid of looking at a 2D plan is so much different.
We came back to the show home and apparently, one block up the hill of our house, maybe in 5 years, there will be an elementary school, a baseball pitch, 2 soccer fields and a water feature. Now isn't that nice for our, euh, kids I guess later. :s
Let's start this tour on the top floor and work our way down. :)

This IS the view out of our master bedroom window. Nobody will take this away from us!

The view overlooking the top floor. I'm standing in the master bedroom. If you look at the floor, on the left side, those two wooden rectangles. That's the bathroom and the walk in closet.

Next is an overview from the other side. You see the stairs and in the left bottom corner what will be the laundry room.

This will be the bedroom above the garage.

And this will be the view coming down the stairs. Huge windows, big kitchen on the right.

A closer look on the left window. Behind that wall will be our deck.

This is the other window.

View of the main floor. To the left is the kitchen and the enormous pantry in the back. I'm standing in the dining room and to the right is the 'great room'.

The stairs right?

The view from in front of the house. Nice big garage. :)

Another view.

And the other side of the house.

No comments: