Sunday, August 16, 2009

Basement is poured and the deck is taking shape too

So yeah another update eh? I went to the house on Saturday. Although I was there last Thursday, I was surprised by the amount of work put in again.
So what happened. Well, our basement floor has been poured. The slab is just perfect. It's silky smooth! Hopefully the garage is the same way. I didn't go into the garage yet because the garage door is closed and I don't want to jump a meter or so down from the entrance hallway (I know I'm lazy).
Also the deck is taking shape. The support beams were in. I think on Monday this deck will be finished so by the time I go there on Wednesday, I will be able to stand on it. That will be rewarding! Maybe I bring a beer and enjoy a cold one while watching the sunset or something. Hahahaha :)
On the second floor there was some progress too. They constructed a roof underneath the real roof. You can barely see it on the shots but it is there! This is merely for heating and insulation purposes. It will make the space above the ceiling a lot smaller. Well you get the point when you see it.
ON the outside that column has been further refined and they are continuing to put up the trim. This trim is white for now. But it will be painted in a dark gray.
I can't wait until Wednesday! To see the deck and hopefully the siders are putting up the sidings! :) fingers crossed!










No comments: