Thursday, August 13, 2009

A story about a house, Perseids and the Vans Warped Tour

SO, ready for a little update on the house again?
I'm going to make this quick. Garage floor is poured! JIHAA :)
The basement floor is prepped for pouring too. The basement has been filled with gravel and on top of that there is a plastic foil that will – hopefully – keep water out! This means that the rough-in is almost complete. Also some graffiti adores the basement walls. No idea what they mean.
I got word on that water main (see previous post) in the basement too. This is a temporary hook-up. The plumbers want to check everything first (when everything is installed like bath, shower, kitchen, ...) before they install it the proper way. I don't know why. Seams like a double job to me but I'm no plumber.
Upstairs the electricians were busy with some blue electrical cords. I don't know what the change in colours mean. But these cords are power outlets for what I can see.
Also upstairs there is some weird baffle installed in the roof of the front bedroom. I don't know what that is for either.
On the main floor nothing major happened. Except that they are starting to outline the stairs a bit better.
The outside is getting ready for sidings. I noticed (it was always their though) a new little 'roof' on the backside of the house (where the deck will be). It's so funny, the more I see the house, the more new – old – things I notice.
The trim is being put up for the moment and in the entrance our column has been installed too. The house that's a step in front of us (you know, down the hill) is almost fully sided. So I know we are next. I guess we are waiting for the weather to clear because guess what, it's been pouring again today!!! And it was like 12 degrees again. WHOOPIE summer time!













Yesterday I went to the Vans Warped Tour! Normally Sarah would have joined me, but something at her job decided to break (some inclinometer or something). SO she wasn't allowed to fly in. We were really looking forward on spending that one day together and enjoy the music we like. But it wasn't supposed to be I guess. I made the best of it and I saw some great things. I was happy that I DID go.
* MESSAGE FOR OUR BELGIAN FRIENDS * If you EVER planning on coming here, please do so when the Warped Tour is in town! SO MUCH BETTER THAN GROEZROCK!!!

Anyway, what else. Oh on Tuesday night I was in the middle of nowhere again to photograph the Perseids meteor shower. I looked at the clear sky forecast and decided on a dark spot about 2 hours SSW of Calgary. It was great. Saw like 50 meteors in 3 hours or so but photo-wise, I was only able to capture 5. I was fighting moonlight, clouds, moisture and so on. I left the camera going until the battery died on me. But I enjoyed it.



Ok I guess that's all for now.

No comments: