Saturday, October 10, 2009

Almost finished!!!

Hello everyone. I was so anxious to see the house today! This week the hardwood and tile were going in. So I knew I was in for a big surprise. Even today tradesmen were working on the house. They are feeling the deadline! :p They were busy installing the carpet! (I didn't have a chance to go upstairs and check out the bathroom though, because I wanted to keep the carpet clean!). I don't know what these guys were thinking but it was smoking hot inside the house! Felt like a sauna!
So downstairs all the hardwood is in but it's all still covered up in cardboard to protect it obviously. Also the whole kitchen is protected in this manner. This way I still find it difficult to put it all together in my mind... Also all the switches and outlets have been installed now and all the lights are in (and working). We even have a bell already (and that's working too! dingdong). Since we could not choose the lighting package, these WILL be our first upgrades somewhere next year I think. No I don't think, I know so! Because I hate them. Why?! Well for starters, every Canadian has them in their home :). And the weird part is, they like them too.









On another note. On Friday I found out it's Thanksgiving weekend this weekend and I don't have to work on Monday. Well thanks for telling me (I didn't know)! So as a last minute 'I need to do something' I am planning on doing some photography again this weekend. Today I went to Canmore. I am trying to make a good shot of the 'Three Sisters' (3 mountains, not 3 Canadian hot chicks). And I've been looking for a good spot on Google Maps for 3 weeks now. Today I went up there to see if my theory held up. It did not. But hey lesson learned. Lets try again tomorrow!
I did see 2 bull elk and 2 female elk (a cow for you nature buffs)... strolling around Canmore (inside the city limits). An amazing sight!


1 comment:

Koen Lauwereyns said...

Als je nog veel van die adembenemende berglandschappen publiceert, neem ik het eerste het beste tuig met twee vleugels en kom ik af.
Koen Lauwereyns