Saturday, November 20, 2010

Winter Wonderland

Yes, winter has arrived in Cochrane! It started snowing last Monday night. I wasn't really looking forward to Tuesday morning because I knew the traffic was going to be horrible. (it always is when it's the first snow)
Got up at 4:30 and there was already more then 10 cm of snow on the ground. Drove out of the garage and there I was, stuck on the street... (we live on a hill and I couldn't get up the hill). This happens when you don't buy a 4WD... Olli to the rescue!! But no luck... We took Olli's car to bring me to the C-train. No luck either. So we had 2 cars on the street and not one of them was able to get up the hill.
Luckily at around 7, our neighbourhood comes alive and 2 friendly neighbours gave me a push up the hill!
We had light snow for 3 days and temperatures are still between -15 and -25. On Tuesday we go to a low of -30... And as I write this update it's still snowing and another 5 cm is expected...
What exciting things are coming up? My mom is coming over again next Sunday, for 2 weeks. So we are both looking forward to her arrival. And Elmo and me will have our first dressage show, also next Sunday!

Panorama of snowy Cochrane



Even Elmo is doing well in this cold

No comments: